destination host is loopback

Joost Waversveld joost at WAVERSVELD.NL
Fri Aug 26 16:33:22 IST 2005

> I'm getting a number of errors everyday in my logs of the sort:
>
> mail.eastrolog.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
>
> sure enough, if I do a DNS lookup for the above host, it resolves to
> 127.0.0.1. Is there anything I can do about this? I get about half a
> dozen different hosts like this per relay per day.

----- Einde bericht van gmatt at NERC.AC.UK -----

Are you using mailertable?? Then, be sure to put the hostnames/ipaddressess
between [ and ] brackets... Otherwise sendmail will perform another MX lookup
through DNS and will give you this error...

For Example:

[root at bb ~]# cat /etc/mail/mailertable
domain.tld         esmtp:[192.168.12.251]
domain2.tld        esmtp:[mail.domain2.tld]
etc...

Good luck

Joost Waversveld