Stuck in loop Expanding TNEF archive

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 26 14:31:19 IST 2005

On 26/08/05, Brian Parish <brian at univexsystems.com> wrote:
> This morning I found postfix stuck in a loop, processing no mail with these
> messages in the log every few seconds:
(snip)
> Restarting didn't change anything.  In MailScanner.conf I changed:
>
> TNEF Expander  = internal

> TNEF Expander = /usr/bin/tnef --maxsize=10000000
>
> Restarted and voila - all the mail zoomed through and it's been fine since.
>
> Now the question is why?
>
> cheers
> Brian

If you look in the mailing list archives, you'll find that this is a
known issue. Latest word is that Jules is looking for someone to
provide him (on a webpage) with one of the TNEF attachments that make
the internal expander go "poof". To bad you didn't look there first,
or you could've been the one to give it to him;-).
Oh well... Next time, 'eh?

--
-- Glenn