Links in {Disarmed} Messages Still Function

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Tue Aug 23 15:29:28 IST 2005

Daniel Straka wrote:

>What is {Disarmed} telling the users then? Here, they're assuming that
>any link that works is safe because we've disarmed the bad ones.

Yikes, never thought of that!!! Actually just came accross that the other
day. A big email discussion about a {Disarmed} tagged email. In the end
we told the CEO not to worry as it was a "Disarmed" link, glad he didn't
click on the link. I understand the reason why the link is not actually
defeated, but I'm changing that tag right now. Just need to think of
something approriate, how about:

{There is a subspicous link in this email please consider carefully
before you click on it}

Ok, just joking, but I need something like that, I'm guessing {Danger,
Will Robinson! Danger!} won't work either. Any suggestions?