geocities spam, why isn't it caught

Tue Aug 23 08:23:12 IST 2005

Hi!

We also have samples with www.geocities.com allready...

> The mails are only scored by bayes, none of the other checks are triggered. I
> knos someone posted a rule to block uk.geocities.com (even though I lost the
> mail) but what worries me more is the fact that they manage to get past all
> checks incl. SURBL / URI and dcc checks.
>
> Anyone have any idea why, is my setup wrong?

SURBL wont list them since its a legit site. They suck, since they dont
respond to abuse, but they are still legit.

You could add some extra rules for this, and feel free to replace the
it/uk with * if you want to be on the safe side. Geocities can ignore
this, but they risk that people just put them inside a lot of filters,
harming much much more.

uri PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/.*uk\.geocities\.com\//
score PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1  15.0
describe PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1 PROLO_PUBWEB_UKGEO_CHECK1, Body

uri PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1 /^http:\/\/.*it\.geocities\.com\//
score PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1  15.0
describe PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1 PROLO_PUBWEB_ITGEO_CHECK1, Body

Bye,
Raymond.