help with mcp setup

Jeff Mills Jeff.Mills at POCOLD.COM.AU
Sun Aug 21 08:04:35 IST 2005

Hi all,
I've got MCP setup and working for single profain words in the body of emails, but I'm trying to set up some testing on subjects and cant seem to work it out.
I had a read of the man page and looked at the *.cf files in /usr/share/spamassassin.
In the example below:

header   SUBJECT_LOAN2    Subject =~ /Pre-approved\s+Application/i
describe SUBJECT_LOAN2    Banned Subject Pre-approved Application
score    SUBJECT_LOAN2    30

I tried sending myself an email with the subject "Pre-approved Application" and this was allowed through.
Should the above config have stopped it?

I just did a test by using the body check rather than header check, and it was picked up, even though the words were in the subject, not the body.
Is this normal?

Does anyone know of a resource to learn more about these expressions that spamassassin uses?

Cheers,
Jeff