In hebrew emails mail scanner puts gibberish in the Subject line

Yossi Mor yossimor at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 19 09:37:36 IST 2005

Julian good morning,

I resend it.

Thank you for the patch i will try it at the beginning of the next week.

I got few questions related to the patch:

1. Which version of MailScanner should i try the patch?
2. Just to make it clear - the patch should be copied
to /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner ?
3. Is there a special command to apply the patch or just 'tar -zxvf' and
copy it to the location specified above?

If that is ok with you i can send you an email in Hebrew from my home
account to try in advance the work around and get your feedback. What do
you think?

May i suggest an improvement to the MailScanner. I think that
MailScanner.conf should contain sections to control the Unicode of the
subject line and the email body. If this functionality can be added, I
think that it gain a better control to admin to adjust the Unicode of
incoming emails to avoid such cases.

Kindly regards,

Yossi Mor