Startup Problem

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Aug 19 07:07:09 IST 2005

On 18 Aug 2005, at 16:24, Rick Chadderdon wrote:

> When I execute /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner as root with:
>
> Run As User = postfix
> Run As Group = postfix
>
> in MailScanner.conf, I get the error:
>
> ---
> Starting MailScanner...
> Cannot open config file /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf,
> Permission
> denied at /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Config.pm line 592.
> ---
>
> Seems easy enough, but I'm stuck.  I've chowned
> /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf to postfix:postfix.  I've
> chmodded the
> file all the way to 777 and done the same for every file and
> directory in
> the opt/MailScanner/ tree (including /opt/MailScanner).  None of this
> helped, so I got more creative...

My MailScanner.conf is owned by root and sits with 644 permissions
and MailScanner is started by root. As part of it's start up it moves
to the Postfix user.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy