mailwatch upgrade - MailScanner no longer logging to MySQL

Mark Campbell mcampbell at ITCONVERGENCE.COM
Fri Aug 19 00:14:29 IST 2005

Hey Guys,

I was trying to upgrade mailwatch(1.0.2) on a test box and now
MailScanner no longer can log messages to MySQL, I have ensured that I
have the latest CustomConfig and MailWatch pm files I get the following
errors:

Aug 18 17:57:25 palprx01 MailScanner[17654]: Unable to initialise
database connection: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using
password: NO)
Aug 18 17:57:25 palprx01 MailScanner[17654]: Could not use Custom
Function code MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitMailWatchLogging, it could
not be "eval"ed. Make sure the module is correct with perl -wc

I don't understand a) why it is trying to connect using root and
secondly why I cannot see that init mail watch

Mark Campbell
--
IT Convergence OS Administrator < <mailto:mcampbell at itconvergence.com>
mcampbell at itconvergence.com>