McAfee not being updated to 4561

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 18 11:44:35 IST 2005

On 18/08/05, Rabellino Sergio <rabellino at di.unito.it> wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
(snip)
> > Seems speedownload.nai.com is OK, so a simple and probably very
> > temporary fix could be to alter the mcafee-autoupdate script to use
> > that. Sigh.
> >
> > Suggestions for the notes section of the wiki (that don't contain too
> > many profanities) much appreciated:).
> >
> As I see on the nai site, the update.ini reports 4560, but rel. 4561 is available from Aug 17.
> I've no problem in downloading from download.nai.com, but the update script check that field, so believe that latest
> release is the 4560.

Yes. And if you check update.ini on their speedownload (which is where
we really get things from) you'll see that they've got it set
correctly to 4561 there.

Also, if we were to go "back to ftp.nai.com" we'd see that _most_ of
those carry the correct update.ini too (I do this for a mirror of the
CommonUpdater thing).

> I've done the job by hands.....

Fine. Just (temporarily) changing to speedownload and running the
update would've given it to you too, is all I'm saying.

--
-- Glenn