New virus intercepted

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Wed Aug 17 23:20:17 IST 2005

Noone should...

-----Original Message-----
Of Denis Beauchemin
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 1:37 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: New virus intercepted

Hello All,

Last night we received many hundreds EXE files infected by
Backdoor.Win32.Dumador.dk, according to Kaspersky.  No other virus scanner I
have detected anything suspicious: McAfee, Bitdefender and ClamAV all said
there was nothing wrong in the files.

All files seem to be the same length (26112 bytes) and came from many
different IPs.  They all have strange names (looks like random
characters) ending in .exe.

I'm glad I don't let EXE/BAT/PIF/... files through!

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste