how to pre-process forwarded mail for sa-learn

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Tue Aug 16 19:34:14 IST 2005

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> So my question is this: How can I best collect the missed spam from my
> Windows users, and train spamassassin on it? Is there a formal
> procedure, or is the state of the art really the hacked scripts that I
> find on the web? At the very least, can someone point me to a good
> example of such a script?

I'm using MailScanner on a Linux box and recently installed MailWatch. I
reconfigured MS to save a copy of every message for a couple of weeks. I
just have the users forward a copy of the spam email to a spam email
account. I can then search for that message using MailWatch and then
submit the original to the sa-learn. I find it much easier then trying
to teach Outlook users how to resend a message so the original info is
preserved.