Bayes autolearn non-spam, but not spam

Danny Beland Danny_Beland at PCH.GC.CA
Thu Aug 11 20:59:24 IST 2005

For some reason Bayes autolearn non-spam but not spam. I use MailScanner
4.40.11 with SpamAssassin 3.0.2 and sendmail. The same setup works fine on
another server.
I deleted the bayes files and it still doesn't autolearn spam. It seems
that I'm missing something...
I have the following in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf for bayes.

bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode            0644
use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 4.5
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.01

The installation of MailScanner and Spamassassin were made with the rpm
packages.

Thank you in advance.

Danny