TNEF still a problem?

Nigel kendrick support-lists at PETDOCTORS.CO.UK
Mon Aug 8 10:34:38 IST 2005

I just noticed that the same 9 emails were getting processed (archived and
blacklist checked) by MailScanner (4.44.6) in a loop without actually being
submitted for virus scanning and further processing/delivery.

I also saw the list messages here about issues with TNEF and, lo, one of the
MailScanner messages in the 'loop' referred to expanding a TNEF file. I set
'Expand TNEF = yes' to 'no' and things got moving again (with some very
hefty 'delay=' values - i.e.: delay=22295!!!)

Other mail was being delivered during this period but obviously this needs a
fix. I notice Julian posted a TNEF patch - has this been tried by anyone
else yet and (noob hat on...) how do I apply it??

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick