SpamAssassin not working.

Daniel Straka dstraka at CASPERCOLLEGE.EDU
Thu Aug 4 21:35:46 IST 2005

Quoting Matt Kettler <mkettler at EVI-INC.COM>:

> Daniel Straka wrote:
> > Good point Ugo, how can I tell it IS working?
> > Matt...following is the command results. Things don't look quite
> right.
> >
> > [root at mail1 rules]# spamassassin -p
> > /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
> > Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> Dan,
>
> This is the same problem you had before. Re-read my 8/3 post under
> "Re:
> Spamassassin always scores 0."
>

> ---REQUOTING MYSELF ----
>
> It looks like you've got the output of ls in a file somewhere that SA
> is parsing.
>
> Read carefully. It's not complaining it can't parse the file
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, it's complaining that it found a
> line
> containing that literal text in one of the configfiles!
>

> Clearly no file SA parses should have
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf" as a
> text line in the file.
>
> I'd venture to guess you've got garbage in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf (SA will
> read all .cf files in that directory)

Matt,

  /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf is the only file in that dir. Below is
what's in it. Every line is commented out. I'll keep digging around.

[root at mail1 spamassassin]# ls
local.cf
[root at mail1 spamassassin]# cat local.cf
# This is the right place to customize your installation of SpamAssassin.
#
# See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' for details of what can be
# tweaked.
#
#
# rewrite_subject 0