SpamAssassin not working.

Daniel Straka dstraka at CASPERCOLLEGE.EDU
Thu Aug 4 20:58:40 IST 2005

Quoting Matt Kettler <mkettler at EVI-INC.COM>:

> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> >
> > Excellent (except from the SA version, you should go to 3.X.
>
> While that would be optimal in the long run, he can't just upgrade to
> 3.x.
>
> He needs to upgrade perl or RedHat to do that. (RedHat 7.2 is perl
> 5.6.0 based)
>
> > Now, how can you tell that SpamAssassin is not working?
>
> Agreed.. Specific signs of what's going on are important here.
>
> Also, try to see if spamassassin itself is working by running:
>
> 	spamassassin -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
>
> It should run quietly without any complaints. If it's complaining
> about parse
> errors, you need to fix those before SA will run well for
> MailScanner.

Good point Ugo, how can I tell it IS working?
Matt...following is the command results. Things don't look quite right.

[root at mail1 rules]# spamassassin -p
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.saved
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
lock_method flock
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
use_auto_whitelist 0
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: urirhssub
URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
Failed to run DNS_FROM_RFCI_DSN RBL SpamAssassin test, skipping:
        (Can't call method "bgsend" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 153.
)
Failed to run URIBL_JP_SURBL SpamAssassin test, skipping:
        (Can't locate object method "check_uridnsbl" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 2293.
)
[root at mail1 rules]#

Dan Straka
Casper College