SpamAssassin not working.

Daniel Straka dstraka at CASPERCOLLEGE.EDU
Thu Aug 4 19:31:47 IST 2005

Quoting Ugo Bellavance <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM>:

> Daniel Straka wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > SpamAssassin is not working. I followed the install directions in
> > Julian's book (p.16) and it says this is all that typically needs
> to be
> > done. Does anyone have a quick-start guide for getting SA to work?
> >
> > Dan Straka
> > Casper College
> > (307)268-2399
> >
> >  **  Visit Casper College Online at www.caspercollege.edu  **
> >

> what gives this command?
>
> spamassassin -V
>
> what is your OS? Version?
>
> Did you enable SpamAssassin in MailScanner.conf?
>
> --
> Ugo
>
> -> Please don't send a copy of your reply by e-mail.  I read the
> list.
> -> Please avoid top-posting, long signatures and HTML, and cut the
> irrelevant parts in your replies.

Ugo...here's what I've got.

[root at mail1 log]# spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 2.64
Red Hat 7.2
MailScanner 4.43.8
MailScanner.conf:
#
# SpamAssassin
#
# Do you want to find spam using the "SpamAssassin" package?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Use SpamAssassin = yes