MS 44.5 perl warning during install

Brad Beckenhauer brad at BECKENHAUER.COM
Wed Aug 3 06:29:45 IST 2005

Hello.

Just upgraded from 4.43.7 to 4.44.5 this evening using the tarball and got a perl warning that I've not seen before:

<snip>
Once you have checked that MailScanner.new contains what
you want, you can then save your old one and move the new
one into place, using commands like these:
  mv -f MailScanner.conf MailScanner.old
  mv -f MailScanner.new  MailScanner.conf
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_COLLATE = "C",
        LANG = "etc/reports/en/languages.conf"

</snip>

My perl version:
[root at mail]# perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.7 built for i686-linux-thread-multi

I reboot the system and then checked the environment
[root at mail]# set
<snip>
LANG=en_US
LC_COLLATE=C
</snip>

Note: LC_ALL is not set

I re-ran the install and got the same warning.

I've not activated the 4.44.5 version yet, so I don't know if there are any possible MS Run issues.

I'm not a perl whiz and I'm not sure from my research if this is an MS install issue or if I need to be looking more at my system config.
Is anyone else getting this perl warning?
Something in the MS install script?
Suggestions on what I should look at?

thanks
Brad