No Virus-Scanning if..

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Tue Aug 2 20:47:59 IST 2005

Hi there,

i am using MS 4.42.9

But this was seen just right now:

In the Past i asked Julian to work around the Problem if some User does
not want his Mails to be scanned, all other User shoud receive a scanned
mail.

This worked in the Past.

eg:

Mail enters
recipient 2: User A and User B

User does not want his mails to be scanned, so i put up a RuleSet fromorto
User a no scanning and default yes for scanning..

No some of my users received a virus infected mail.
They where in the Recipient List with the User who does not want his mails
to be scanned.

So i checked it out.

Sended a mail with a rar file attached, in which you could find an
ordinary exe-file.

If i do send the mail only to the users who want their mails to be
scanned, this exe got caught and filtered out.

But, if the user who does not want his mails to be scanned, all other
users also receive the exe-file. :(

In the past everything worked fine, without changing things on my sendmail
setup.

As all incoming mails got one mailfile for every recipient.

:(

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Greetings