perl(Archive::Zip) is needed by mailscanner-4.44.6-1

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Tue Aug 2 16:20:56 IST 2005

Carl Boberg wrote:

>Hi,
>I have the same error. Install works fine with ./install.sh nodeps and
>MailScanner works ok after that.
>
>/ C

I've almost always had problems installing MailScanner from the rpm
install because it seems to depend on RPM versions of CPAN modules. I
always make it a point to untar the rpm.tar.gz file, install each module
I see listed as "perl-blahblah.src.rpm" from CPAN (just in case) and
then run the install. After the install chokes (which is 9 times out of
10) because of some "I need perl-blahblah-rpm" I then try to install the
supposedly missing modules (I know they're there, I just installed them
from CPAN!) using up2date/yum/apt/urpmi/whatever; if that doesn't work,
I go out and look for it on rpm search sites or that rpmpan place. If I
*don't* find it for any reason, I just "rpm -Uvh
mailscanner-whatever.rpm --nodeps" since I *know* the modules are
present - especially when MailScanner -V reports them as existing and
equal or newer than the ones that came with the rpms when I run it right
after the install. It's kind of "the nuisance I've learned to live with"
since I've never been stopped from getting mailscanner working because
of it.