Want to be sure this program is what I need

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Mon Aug 1 22:27:04 IST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 21:57 +0100, Aaron Bridge wrote:
> This program was recommended to me.  I just want to be sure what I want to
> do is possible with mailscanner.
>
> My companys user's POP email directly to their client from an outside
> provider.  I would like to set a server up that would POP the email for the
> clients then filter the SPAM, and finally send the legit messages to the
> proper user.
>
> Is Mailscanner with SpamAssasin what I need to be looking for to accomplish
> this? Preferred method? Software?

It is possible if you use fetchmail on the machine running MailScanner.
We've done this for a number of clients in the past. It may not be as
effective as scanning the mail on the SMTP, but it will work
YMMV

Michele
--
Mr. Michele Neylon