MalScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.44.5 released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 14:03:08 IST 2005
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
I have just released the August stable edition of MailScanner 4.44.5.
The major new features and improvements are an optimisation when the
spam archive is being kept clean but most messages (eg your spam) is
being deleted, and a "Scan Messages" option which can be used to control
the total functionality of MailScanner which greatly simplifies the
settings when some customers don't want any scanning services at all.
The main fixes are for those using Postfix. The "corrupt" message
problem has been fixed for good, as has the problem of the scanning
slowly stopping after a few hours.
You can download it as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
The full Change Log for the month is:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Published new version of the book, but advise you don't purchase until
3rd week of August so I get to check a copy off the press first.
- Optimised situation where spam archive is being kept clean but many
messages are being deleted. Thanks to yavor.trapkov at wipe.int for that.
- Improved logging to show what sort of HTML tags have been disarmed.
- Added "Scan Messages" option (intended to be a ruleset) which is an
easy way of disabling all scanning and processing of messages. Great
for customers who don't want scanning of any sort on their messages.
- More phishing net improvements and additions to the safe sites list.
* Fixes *
- Added more Postfix temporarily-invalid-message checks.
This is working perfectly reliably now.
- Added disk full checks for MailScanner/incoming space.
- Added missing object instantiate in the generic spam scanner.
- Fixed reporting and scoring bugs in Custom Spam Scanner.
- Made Postfix hash depth measurement more tolerant of stray files such
as Razor logs appearing in the hold queue directories.
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner