All mail treated as spam?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Apr 28 21:44:30 IST 2005

Remy de Ruysscher wrote:

> Julian, Denis, Matt,
>
> Thanks for the quick response! It's working perfectly now.
>
> Any suggestions on which spam lists to use?

As  I said before... IMO you should use none. I have yet to find any RBL
to be low enough in FPs.

If I stopped caring about FPs,  I might use XBL, as it came in with a
1.000 S/O in SA 3.0's set1 mass-checks. Same with DSBL.

CBL and blitzed are redundant with XBL. XBL meta-lists both of them.

SA 3.0's S/O for a couple other lists:

0.994    SPAMCOP
0.992    SORBS-DUL
0.985   SBL

(For reference a S/O of 0.985 means that 98.5% of emails which hit the
list were spam, and 1.5% were nonspam. The higher the S/O, the lower the
FPs.)

To me, anything with a S/O of less than 0.999 isn't even worth
considering for a pure-block criteria. More than 1 in 1000 hits being a
FP is too many for me when used with this kind of absolute treatment.
Really, I'd prefer a SO of 0.99995 (1 FP in 20k hits) or higher, but the
SA statistics would round even 0.9996 (1 in 2.5k) to 1.000