Log files

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Apr 28 19:04:09 IST 2005

chardlist wrote:

>I have MS running on a system with Exim.  Currently MS logs to
>/var/log/maillog whereas Exim logs to /var/log/exim_mainlog.
>
>How can I get the two to log into the same file?  I'd rather make the change
>on the MS end since I'm afraid of Exim.

Check your system logger configs. Logging isn't generally done directly
to files by applications, they send system calls which the system logger
picks up and sends to files.

By default, MS sends it's messages to the log facility "mail". Once you
find out what logging facility is being directed to exim_mainlog, you
can modify your mailscanner.conf to use the same facility, or modify
your system logger to direct mail logging to the exim file.