ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.41.2

Chuck Foster chuck.foster at STREAMSHIELD.COM
Thu Apr 28 14:03:39 IST 2005

Hi Julian,

localtime acts upon a time integer if you pass it as a parameter, so if you
save the current time first you can then use it in subsequent calls - that
way you can call localtime twice with the same time. My original message had
a patch for that (and kept it as a Message variable so I could use it in my
custom functions :-)).

Hope that makes sense!

C:>

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: 28 April 2005 13:48
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.41.2

I don't think you can avoid the 2 calls to localtime can you? In a
scalar context it returns a nice pretty string and in a list context it
returns a structure. So evaluating it in a list context, and then using
the "scalar" operator on that would not have the same effect as applying
the "scalar" operator directly on localtime itself.

Chuck Foster wrote:

>>Please can you try the attached patches for MCPMessage.pm and Message.pm.
>>

>Yup, they're fine. Dare I say it you could remove the TodayDir() function
>completely now ...
>

>Still have the two localtime()'s to resolve in Message::New() though :-)
>
>Thanks
>Chuck

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy
by an authorized signatory.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and potentially
harmful content by StreamShield Protector.