New sophos version 5.0 support

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 16:35:05 IST 2005

Ooh, this is the first I have heard of V5. I haven't tried it with
MailScanner yet, but I will try to  either this weekend or  some time
next week. I've got a few other things to do first, but it is definitely
on the list.

Thanks for the heads-up!

As for the other question, I deliberately have separately-managed F-Prot
installations on my email gateways as well as Sophos. Then if the
central management system and/or Sophos fails, my mail is still
protected. Going to total central management is fine as long as it
works. If it fails, everything fails together. Beware.

--
Julian Field