Cluster of MailScanners

Pentland G. G.Pentland at SOTON.AC.UK
Mon Apr 25 17:54:43 IST 2005

A large Spam attack will likely be from a small group of hosts (or just
one) so this won't help much as they will have cached the DNS lookup.
Also the propagation time will probably kill this approach.

There are two answers:

1. Network load balancing, either in hardware, or software like...
http://lcic.org/load_balancing.html

2. Milter-Limit... this is a sendmail hack that effectively blacklists
any host that sends more then a given number of emails in a time
frame...

Just my 2 cents...

Gary