BitDefender and Phishing...

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Sun Apr 24 16:35:23 IST 2005

Nope, Postfix with a fairly standard (well...:-) practice of rejecting
"HELO frauds" via access restrictions like (in main.cf):
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
                          check_helo_access
hash:/etc/postfix/deny_domain_spoof
... and in deny_domain_spoof
ap1.se REJECT
194.14.216.2 REJECT
(there's actually more here, but those are "internal"... and those two
take care of most, if not all, frauds)
I used to do that in the check_sender_access (well, it actually still
does), but this catches far more. "Downside" is that MS just catches
 less than 5 viruses a day, where it used to be up to 30... And spam
is down somewhat too. So my stats "lie" a bit about how much we really
get (not good PHB strategy:-).

Works great for me since I don't have/never will have "roaming users".

-- Glenn