Installed MailScanner on Solaris 8 - Postfix doesn't start with M ailScanner

Young, Mike Mike.Young at ATOSORIGIN.COM
Sat Apr 23 04:33:15 IST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I have installed MailScanner on a Solaris 8 system with postfix,
SpamAssassin, and Sophos Antivirus.  When I start MailScanner, in the
logs I see SpamAssassin started, but postfix doesn't start.  There is no
process listening on port 25.  I can start postfix by itself.  I have
made the changes recommended at
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml, but it
makes no difference (yet).  I know that page is for Linux, but it's the
closest I've come to a MailScanner/postfix howto.

Here are settings from MailScanner.conf:

Run As User = postfix

Run As Group = postfix

Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold

Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming

Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

Quarantine Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

MTA = postfix

Sendmail = /usr/sbin/postfix

Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/postfix

Anyone have experience with this?  Once I get postfix starting with
MailScanner, I can move on to the A/V configuration.

Thanks,

Mike.