Stop inbound

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Apr 21 19:48:07 IST 2005

AP,

If you're concerned about an idle gateway, and these are your DNS MX boxes,
I think (?) you can set up your MX records to be equal priority with a short
TTL, thus creating a round-robin DNS.

Of course, this won't help if this attack is rapid and short lived, but it
may delegate some of the mail to the secondary alleviating some of the
primary load.

I could be wrong here. Please let the list correct me if so.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers