config file - using file from older version in newer version

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Apr 21 16:12:05 IST 2005

Rodney Green wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it okay to use a MS configuration file from an older version (MS
> 4.37.7) in a newer version of MS (MS 4.39.6)? I'm setting up another
> server and I'm moving my configuration files for MS, etc. to that new
> machine.

Rod,

It's probably not a good idea to use it as is because there are probably
new options that will not be found in your conf file.

You could copy it over to your new server and then run the upgrade
script /usr/sbin/upgrade_MailScanner_conf to get the new options back.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste