Could not parse Outlook Rich Text attachment

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Apr 21 12:34:35 IST 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> Derril Hedk wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Some of my customers are receiving the following notice:
>>
>> Could not parse Outlook Rich Text attachment
>>
>> as part of a blocked email. I am wondering if there is any way to turn
>> this feature off so that it doesn't even try to parse the email?
>>

> 2 answers:
>
> 1) Try "TNEF Expander = internal" as the internal one, while slower, is
> more flexible in what it can parse.
> 2) If that doesn't help, then just set "Expand TNEF = no" to disable
> TNEF expansion completely.

3) The external TNEF expander referred to by "TNEF Expander = " in
MailScanner.conf doesn't exist. Try installing it again or build it by hand.

(Speaking from experience on some Solaris systems but can't recall the
circumstances which led to building/installing tnef failed...)

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed