message size

Jon Fraley jfraley at GLENRAVEN.COM
Wed Apr 20 20:49:26 IST 2005

I have been asked to report on the message size for messages being
processed by MailScanner 4.40.11.  I have to be able to break it down by
spam and not spam.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Looking in the
logs I see where it gives the size in bytes.  I have a question on the
following situation:

Apr 20 04:22:35 yoda MailScanner[10025]: New Batch: Found 3 messages
waiting
Apr 20 04:22:35 yoda MailScanner[10025]: New Batch: Scanning 2 messages,
4654 bytes
Apr 20 04:22:35 yoda MailScanner[10025]: Spam Checks: Starting

Is this the size for both messages?  Not sure I understand how the
processing goes at this point.

Thanks for you help

Jon