Widely different results between MailScanner and SA

Nestor Burma goudron_et_plumes at YAHOO.FR
Wed Apr 20 08:49:22 IST 2005

Hello,

We have been using SpamAssassin for quite some time,
with very good results. Two months ago, we set up
MailScanner above all that.
By and by, it's very good. But we do get some spam
that goes through. What is bothering us it that if we
give those message to SA (spamassassin -D), SA
properly tags them as Spam, sometimes with hugely
different results.

For example :

MS + SA gives
SpamAssassin (score=4.174,
required 5, BAYES_95 2.06, HTML_40_50 0.04,
HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL 0.09,
RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL 1.99)

While Spammassassin -D gives
autolearn=no version=3.0.2

So where is/are our mistake(s) in MS configuration ?

Thanks,

NB.