maillog logging level

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 16:53:07 IST 2005

Did you kill the sendmail service and stop it from starting when the
system boots?
As the installation script tells you, you need to do this after
installation (I kept it separate for clarity and also because a lot of
RPM-based systems do not have the "service" command).
    chkconfig MailScanner on
    chkconfig sendmail off
    service sendmail stop
    service MailScanner start

I would suspect you still have a sendmail process running even after you
have done the "service MailScanner stop" as it will be left over the
"sendmail" service, which is not wanted.

Billy Pumphrey wrote:

>I think that I have a clue!
>
>I stopped mailscanner via service MailScanner stop.
>Then I sent a message to test to see if it would come through and it did.
>
>So messages are not even going through MailScanner.  At this point I do not
>know how to trouble shoot why really.  I thought that I configured my new
>server (this one) the same as my last one.  My setup is that MailScanner is
>the relay between the internet and my exchange server 10.1.1.2.  I will run
>briefly what I did.
>Edited mailertable to:
>Woodmaclaw.com          esmtp:[10.1.1.2]
>www.woodmaclaw.com      esmtp:[10.1.1.2]
>
>Then I ran the makefile thing (??? Can't recall the command) for
>mailtertable
>
>Other than that I change organization name and such in MailScanner.conf.

>Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and

Julian Field