SuSE 9.2 rcMailScanner startup script

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon Apr 18 17:08:05 IST 2005

Dirk Enrique Seiffert said:
> I am running MailScanner 4.40.11 on SuSE 9.2 Professional with a
> selfcompiled
> postfix-2.1.5-3.2. Postfix runs in chroot environment. Installation was no
> problem at all. The SuSE package worked out of the box. as discribed
> install
> instructions for postfix on www.mailscanner.info .
>
> Staring MailScanner with rcMailScanner start I get:
>
> Initializing incoming postfixInitializing outgoing postfix failed

I spent a while playing with this. It's because Postfix is started by Suse
automatically (And Yast won't let you turn it off) and MailScanner tries
to start Postfix as well and gets a failure (Which is what the start up
script is reporting). I found by tweeking the start up script I could get
rid of the error (Which as you correctly say, is cosmetic).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy