{Spam?} netiquette on "wiki" website

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Thu Apr 14 19:15:49 IST 2005

Mandrake... er.... Mandriva (Oh how silly that feels to type) has/had some tool like that specifically for fixing up rpmnew/rpmold files... Seems to be a part of MandrakeUpdate (gtkperl script... perhaps one can borrow:-). Nah.

Better look at kdiff3 or xxdiff. At least kdiff3 seems to do what you want.

-- Glenn (who oc course don't use these.... The terminal is my first love:-)

-----Original Message-----
Sent:   to 2005-04-14 19:45
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        Re: {Spam?} netiquette on "wiki" website
Julian Field wrote:

> Ed Bruce wrote:
>
> > Julian Field wrote:
> >
> >> Take a look in your ~root/.spamassassin directory. Remove any files
> with
> >> whitelist in their name.
> >> And go into /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf and disable the
> >> auto-whitelist functionality.
> >> "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" for more help on what the setting is
> >> called.
> >>
> > When I did the last upgrade seems my spam.assassin.prefs.conf was
> > changed more then I thought. First the path I used for bayes was changed
> > (and lots of spam started getting through, CEO was pissed) and also AWL
> > functionality was turned on. I need to slow down a little when upgrading
> > and really notice the differences.
>
> Something is wrong in that case. The spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
> should not be overwritten if you have modified it, you should just get a
> .rpmnew version of it as well.

I did get the .rpmnew and did a quick diff between it and my file. I
didn't notice any great difference, because I was in a hurry, so used
the rpmnew, my mistake. Like I said, I need to slow down a little when
changing my files.

Somewhat offtopic, there was a great gui diff tool with SGI IRIX. Does
anybody know of a good GUI based diff for Linux. What I liked about the
IRIX one was I could go through the differences and choose from which
file to keep. Then when I was done it would save out a new file with all
my choices. I tried to get the IRIX version working once, but it didn't
use OpenGL.

dangerous content by Secure Resource, and is
believed to be clean.