Upgrade Problems

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 18:23:01 IST 2005

Ken Goods wrote:

>Greets all,
>I downloaded and installed the latest versions of MailScanner and
>install-ClamAV-SA as I've done in the past and used the install scripts as
>usual (thanks Julian!). I didn't notice any major errors in the output.
>After all was done MailScanner -V reports the correct MailScanner version
>but for some reason only reports V3.00000 for spamassassin. Also I notice
>that clamAV is not used. I re-ran the ClamAV-SA install (INSTALL-tar.sh) and
>it reports at the end, Oh good Spamassassin V3.02 is already installed.
>However when I run spamassassin -D --lint it also shows version 3.0.0 and
>produces no errors.

Look for the file SpamAssassin.pm in your /usr/lib/perl5 directories,
find /usr/lib/perl5 -name SpamAssassin.pm -print
as it's possible that MailScanner is finding a different version of
SpamAssassin from where other scripts find it. Do you have an RPM of
SpamAssassin installed? If so, then remove it with "rpm -e spamassassin".

>which clamav returns: /usr/bin/which: no clamav in
>(/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
>:/root/bin)

You want "which clamscan".

--
Julian Field