Upgrade Problems

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Wed Apr 13 15:57:28 IST 2005

Greets all,
I downloaded and installed the latest versions of MailScanner and
install-ClamAV-SA as I've done in the past and used the install scripts as
usual (thanks Julian!). I didn't notice any major errors in the output.
After all was done MailScanner -V reports the correct MailScanner version
but for some reason only reports V3.00000 for spamassassin. Also I notice
that clamAV is not used. I re-ran the ClamAV-SA install (INSTALL-tar.sh) and
it reports at the end, Oh good Spamassassin V3.02 is already installed.
However when I run spamassassin -D --lint it also shows version 3.0.0 and
produces no errors.

which clamav returns: /usr/bin/which: no clamav in
(/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
:/root/bin)

Seems like the install put SA and ClamAV in different paths than last time.

I'm a novice at *nix and would appreciate any clues as to how I can make
things right. I don't mind removing all traces of everything and
reinstalling if that would be the easiest route but I haven't got a clue how
to start.

Running RH 9.0

TIA

Ken Goods