postfix question !

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Apr 12 21:28:47 IST 2005

SatyaDev wrote:
      Hello,

      I am using MailScanner with postfix-2.0.18 with single
      instance, storing
      quarantine as Queue files
      => Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes
      But when I try to release files from queue by postdrop, it
      gives error...
      ---------
      #/usr/sbin/postdrop <  436A07F4B8
      queue_id49F8B7F70Dpostdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record
      type: 67
      --------
      I checked sendmail and posfix versions also, both are right
      and belong
      to same build.
      I also tried with postfix version 2.0.16, but got same
      status.

      Can any one help me ?

      -Satya
      www.bainsdigital.com

Try this from Joshua Hirsh last year:

 When I release a file into quarantine, I copy it directly into the incoming folder for the sending process of Postfix (make sure it's executable).
So for example:

  [root B710F4D00F4]# chmod +x B710F4D00F4
  [root B710F4D00F4]# cp -p B710F4D00F4 /var/spool/postfix/incoming/B/

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is