MailScanner SPAM Forward & Postfix Problem

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Thu Apr 7 19:05:24 IST 2005

Hm, haven't spent a lot of thought on that... I treat myself
to complete rebuilds from time to time:-).
But it shouldn't be to hard.... stop MailScanner, stop both
postfix instances (if you use the rpm install it's one
"service MailScanner stop" command), then reversa all that you
did in /etc/postfix ... Perhaps make sure there are no pending
messages in /var spool/postfix.in with a
postqueue -c /etc/postfix.in -p
and
ls -lR /var/spool/postfix.in/defer*
(If there is, you'd have to perhaps start some things (like
just MailScanner) up to "drain" it... Or move them manually.
Then implement the HOLD thing and do the changes in
MailScanner.conf (which should undo all the "incompatible"
changes (that you did for the 2 postfix setup))... And then
fire it up.
Should be ratehr easy and safe.
(I'm sure all other postfix/MailScanner users will toast me
if I missed something... Right Drew:-):-)

-- Glenn