undoing mailscanner modifications before feeding into sa-learn

Wed Apr 6 15:07:46 IST 2005

Wolfgang

in spam.assassin.prefs.conf you'll need something like....

bayes_ignore_header X-SSL-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-SSL-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-SSL-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-SSL-MailScanner-Information
bayes_ignore_header X-SSL-Mailscanner-From

Where SSL needs to be replaced with the org-name setting in your
MailScanner.conf

Other settings should make much difference as the first thing sa-learn
does is to token-ise the email...

then run

sa-learn -p <path-to>/spam.assassin.prefs.cong --spam ....

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Wolfgang Kohnen (FEYERABEND) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to feed back spam and ham messages to the bayes filter.  I've
> setup two shared folders (ham & spam) on my imap machine and a fetchmail
> which fetches the messages from there and puts it into sa-learn with
> fetchmails --mda feature.  This works fine so far.
>
> The docs of sa-learn say, that it internally does some undos (like
> spamassassin -d) in order to remove mail headers which originates by
> spamassassin so that there is no bias reinforcement.
>
> My question:  is sa-learn aware of how mailscanner modifies the message
> and can sa-learn undo it?  How do I have to tweak mailscanner?  For
> example, I will have to turn off disarming of html and other destructive
> conversions.  Any experiences?  The faq-o-matic doesn't note this issue
> at all.
>
> TIA,
> Wollie

the system manager.