Queues Not Being Processed ?

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Tue Apr 5 16:37:56 IST 2005

Ian McCloy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have 2 nearly identical systems running
> MailScanner/SpamAssassin/SendMail/MailWatch
>
> both were running smoothly until a few weeks ago, when one stopped
> processing the queues.
>
> Mind you, they are small queues under 100.
>
> The queue files just build and build, so we stopped mailscanner and
> reverted to just using the MTA (sendmail), but of course we really would
> prefer to run MailScanner on this server.
>
> The .conf file is the same on both servers and the permissions look the
> same to me.
>
> the conf file is pointing to the correct locations for the queues,
> because the tables are populated in MailWatch.
>
> When I click on the far left, in mail watch to view a message waiting in
> the Queue, I get an error back that says.    Message ID 'XYZ2131231231'
> Not Found
> .
> but If I do the same to a processed message, in the recent messages page
> it works fine.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> help is highly appreciated,
>                                  Ian McCloy

You can try and move a few of the "oldest" files in that queue and
restart MailScanner and see if it moves.
Then you can move them back one at a time and see if it is a corrupt
queue file. You should try to keep the matching qf and df files together.

--
"If you have ever eaten crow,
It don't taste like chicken!!"