Mailscanner stops scanning attachments??

Jeremy Huber jhuber at MICROSOURCE.COM
Mon Apr 4 22:56:47 IST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:34:37 +0100, Julian Field
<MailScanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>What have you set to generate that report? Exactly how? The answer may
>tell us important things about your setup.

I'm using MS 4.38.9 (via RPM), with Mailwatch 0.51 and clamav and
bitdefender for AV scanners.  Mailwatch is what gave me that list of
triggered rules.

>MailScanner does not replace winmail.dat files with the files they
>contain. It unpacks them to virus scan and do filename/type checks, but
>you won't ever get a winmail.dat file as well as a doc file attached to
>the same message.
>
>What do you think is adding the doc?

I've got an email off to the person seeing it to find out more.  All I know
is that they're resume's being emailed out, and "everyone else gets the
document correctly."  I know that doesn't mean much.  I know the last time
I had a problem with winmail.dat, it turned out to be a problem with the
mailer client that was doing it, not MS.