Mailscanner stops scanning attachments??

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Apr 4 16:56:10 IST 2005

Jeremy Huber wrote:

>How do I get mailscanner to stop scanning attachments, period?  Or
>better yet, how do I get it to stop scoring up a message?  I'm getting
>swamped with complaints about 1) attachments artificially bumping up the
>score of a message to the point it gets deleted and 2) all the contents
>of an attachment - usually a word doc - being removed, so that they get
>a completely empty word doc.

Jeremy,

Within MS, no attachment bumps the score up or down.  Attachments are
either left alone or deleted (depending on your setup) but they are not
being modified at all unless they were encoded in QP when they should
have been in Base64.

Are you sure you don't have something else playing tricks on you?

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste