Mailscanner + Fedora 3 x86_64 + sendmail

Kyle Krieg kyle at MLUG.MISSOURI.EDU
Sun Apr 3 19:47:43 IST 2005

Here is the output from the commands you asked for.  My install was
Fedora 3 base (full install) and the current yum updates.  My yum updates
are pointing to livna server.

Thanks!!

Kyle

[root at skywalker framadmn]# rpm -qi perl
Name        : perl                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 5.8.5                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 9                             Build Date: Tue 12 Oct 2004
11:55:57  AM CDT
Install Date: Sun 20 Mar 2005 08:52:50 PM CST      Build Host:
tweety.build.redh at.com
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM:
perl-5.8.5-9.src.rpm
Size        : 28442178                         License: Artistic or GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 20 Oct 2004 12:36:33 PM CDT, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. MailScanner has detected a possible fraud
attempt from "bugzilla.redhat.com" claiming to be
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.perl.org/
Summary     : The Perl programming language.
Description :
Perl is a high-level programming language with roots in C, sed, awk
and shell scripting.  Perl is good at handling processes and files,
and is especially good at handling text.  Perl's hallmarks are
practicality and efficiency.  While it is used to do a lot of
different things, Perl's most common applications are system
administration utilities and web programming.  A large proportion of
the CGI scripts on the web are written in Perl.  You need the perl
package installed on your system so that your system can handle Perl
scripts.

Install this package if you want to program in Perl or enable your
system to handle Perl scripts.
Name        : perl                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 5.8.5                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 9                             Build Date: Tue 12 Oct 2004
12:01:58  PM CDT
Install Date: Sun 20 Mar 2005 08:52:55 PM CST      Build Host:
dolly.build.redha t.com
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM:
perl-5.8.5-9.src.rpm
Size        : 34190638                         License: Artistic or GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 20 Oct 2004 12:36:57 PM CDT, Key ID
[...]

[root at skywalker framadmn]# rpm -qa | grep '^perl'
perl-LDAP-0.31-5
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.33-6
perl-Net-CIDR-0.10-1
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.08-6
perl-XML-LibXML-1.58-1
perl-RPM-Specfile-1.17-2
perl-Convert-TNEF-0.17-3
perl-5.8.5-9
perl-libwww-perl-5.79-5
perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-3
perl-BSD-Resource-1.23-6
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-30
perl-Devel-Symdump-2.03-19
perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6
perl-Convert-ASN1-0.18-3
perl-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13-7
perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-2
perl-MailTools-1.66-1
perl-TimeDate-1.1301-3
perl-Bit-Vector-6.3-3
perl-RPM2-0.66-7
perl-5.8.5-9
perl-URI-1.30-4
perl-XML-Dumper-0.71-2
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.07-5
perl-XML-Twig-3.13-6
perl-Filter-Simple-0.79-4
perl-Cyrus-2.2.10-3.fc3
perl-DateManip-5.42a-3
perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-26
perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-27
perl-IO-stringy-2.110-1
perl-File-MMagic-1.21-2
perl-TermReadKey-2.20-17
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-5
perl-XML-Parser-2.34-5
perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1
perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5
perl-NKF-2.04-3
perl-Archive-Tar-1.08-3
perl-Frontier-RPC-0.06-38
perl-Inline-0.44-14
perl-Filter-1.30-6
perl-DBI-1.40-5
perl-libxml-perl-0.07-30
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-13
perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-32
perl-Date-Calc-5.3-9
perl-MIME-tools-5.417-1
perl-Text-Kakasi-1.05-11
perl-DBD-Pg-1.31-6
perl-Parse-RecDescent-1.94-4
perl-PDL-2.4.1-5
perl-libxml-enno-1.02-31
perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7
perl-SGMLSpm-1.03ii-14
perl-suidperl-5.8.5-9.1
[root at skywalker framadmn]# rpm -q --queryformat='%{NAME} %{VERSION}
%{ARCH}\n' perl
perl 5.8.5 i386
perl 5.8.5 x86_64
[root at skywalker framadmn]# which perl
/usr/bin/perl
[root at skywalker framadmn]# perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.5 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

[root at skywalker framadmn]#

Julian Field wrote:
      I think it actually built stuff okay, but has calculated the
      architecture wrongly.
      Please can you send me the output of
      rpm -qi perl
      rpm -qa | grep '^perl'
      rpm -q --queryformat='%{NAME} %{VERSION} %{ARCH}\n' perl
      which perl
      perl -v

      For some reason it is picking up both i386 and x86_64 as the
      architecture, when it should just be x86_64 (which is what
      RHEL4 returns).

      That bunch of commands should give me an idea what is
      happening.

      Kyle Krieg wrote:

            Below is the output of the rpmbuild -bc
            perl-Archive-Zip.spec.
            Thanks for looking into this Julian.  I've been
            using Mailscanner for
            2 years now on a RH 8.0 machine with no issues.

            I've also show the following errors when using
            the install.sh script.
            Looks like to me, the install scripts it looking
            for packages in the
            i386x86_64 directory, which is not there.  All
            the packages are in
            either /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64,
            /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch or
            /usr/src/redhat/SPECS for the
            perl-Archive-Zip.spec files.

            There are two outputs below, the first from the
            rpmbuild -bc
            perl-Archive-Zip.spec and another from when I try
            and reinstall
            MailScanner from the install.sh script.  I've cut
            out most of it and
            only given the errors that I think are important,
            but have the whole
            install log, if you would like it see it.

            Kyle

      Julian Field

      PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415
      B654

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!