anyone trap outgoing attachment and convert them, like word/excel to pdf?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 2 11:26:17 IST 2005

You just need to use a ruleset to decide which of 2 filename.rules.conf
and filetype.rules.conf files.
Set up 1 file that starts by saying it bans doc and xls. Then use a
ruleset to decide between the new file (followed by the old one) and the
old one.

Search for filename.rules.conf in the list archive, this has been
discussed (with step by step guides) several times before.

You don't need to "hack" anything, MailScanner already does it all.

--
Julian Field