MailScanner + SA3 + SURBL not registering.

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Thu Sep 30 22:50:33 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> This issue has been reported by myself and Ugo earlier this week
> on the list.  I'm at a loss too.  When the next version of MS
> comes out, I will upgrade and see if the problem remains.

Just noticed I had a similar problem after upgrading to SA3, although
all my RBL checks failed to show up not just the SURBL ones.
Installation of a newer version of Net::DNS (v 0.48) has cured it...

Dan

> Jeff Earickson
> Colby College
>
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Dean Jones wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:49:31 -0700
>> From: Dean Jones <dean at SAHRA.ARIZONA.EDU>
>> To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>> Subject: Re: MailScanner + SA3 + SURBL not registering.

>>> There is a command in MailScanner that turns SpamAssassin off;
>>>
>>>         Use SpamAssassin = yes
>>>
>>> But if you have SpamAssassin turned on in MS and the test above works,
>>> MailScanner should run the exactly as the test does. How are you
>>> sure thst
>>> MS is not running the tests?
>>>

>> Use SpamAssassin is set to yes, and SA is doing other checks.
>>
>> The only way i have to guess is just by the data SA drops into the logs.
>> It never hits on any URIBL_* scores running natively.
>>
>> I can forward SURBL test emails through from outside addresses and they
>> don't get hit by the SURBL checks.
>>
>> I'm at a loss :)
>> otherwise SA 3 is working great.

>> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>> Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
>> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

believed to be clean.