MailScanner+SpamAssassin SQL User Preferences

Jones, Chris chris.jones at ATMOSENERGY.COM
Thu Sep 30 13:34:01 IST 2004

Do you have to put you CustomFunction in the Config.pm to get access to
the MailScanner::Log? Or can you put the function in the
MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions ?

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of SatyaDev Sharma
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 1:18 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: MailScanner+SpamAssassin SQL User Preferences

Hello Edmond.

few points are there.....
if ur users are local then spac/spamd works well but if its a mail
router then u have to do some more titbits....!

u need to create a perl lib file for it,  that have functions about sql
pref.

1. create a file like sql_pref.pm
2. include it in CustomConfig.pm
3. define function names in MailScanner.conf
4. restart MS.

i m including a function below to get well how it works.

###################### Spam Score
#######################################
sub InitGet_Spam_Score
{
  my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $username, $password);
  my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM spam_setting ORDER BY
$to_mail");
  $sth->execute();
  my $count = 0;
  while (my $ref = $sth->fetchrow_hashref())
  {
        $list_hash_score{lc($ref->{'to_mail'})} = $ref->{'spam_score'};
        MailScanner::Log::InfoLog("SPAM score %s ->
%s",$ref->{'to_mail'},$ref->{'spam_score'});
        $count++;
  }
  $dbh->disconnect;
}
sub Get_Spam_Score
{
  my ($message) = @_;
  return 0 unless $message; # Sanity check the input
  my($from, @to, $to);
  $from       = $message->{from};
  @to         = @{$message->{to}};
  foreach $to (@to)
  {
    return $list_hash_score{lc($to)}  if $list_hash_score{lc($to)};
   }
   return $list_hash_score{(global_spam_setting)};
}

sub EndGet_Spam_Score
{
    ;