SA 3.0 debugging, burned by Sys-Hostname-Long

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Thu Sep 30 01:10:36 IST 2004

Jeff: this is a known issue brought up on the list on Sept 4th (the
message subject was: "non-GNU systems: serious bug in SA3 dependency").

List: I volunteered to tackle this, and then a) our mail servers had a
problem, b) we had students come back from summer break and introduce
another set of problems, and c) a family crisis happend.  So, I haven't
had a chance to actually address this yet.

Over on the spamassassin list, they're discussing it (message subject
is: "Solaris Gotcha - Re: Quick upgrade review from 2.4x -> 3.0"), and
someone there HAS contacted the author of the module in question.  So,
some headway is being made somewhere ... but not by me.

If someone else wants to take it over from me, I understand.  Just post
a message to the list here, so we all know who is doing it.  Otherwise,
I expect I'll be able to get to it next week.

Last, I'm sorry for the delay and the lack of communication.

John