MS 4.34.6-1 & SA 3.0.0 auto-whitelist problem?

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed Sep 29 16:17:57 IST 2004

[snip]
>The defaults appear to have changed. I noticed the same thing
>until I added:
>
>####################
># The --auto-whitelist and -a options for "spamd" and "spamassassin" to
># turn on the auto-whitelist have been removed and replaced by the
># "use_auto_whitelist" configuration option which is also now
>turned on by
># default
>
>use_auto_whitelist 0
>####################
>
>To my spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that as well thanks to the sample SA 3.0
prefs file on your web site!

However that is not the main issue. The real problem is that

  SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no

in MailScanner.conf no longer (with MS 4.34.6-1 + SA 3.0.0) has the
effect it should.

Julian knows about the problem. I would be quite happy if he simply
removed that feature from MailScanner.conf. Perhaps it would be better
to keep all the SA customising stuff in its own "conf" file rather than
having some of it specified in MailScanner.conf and some in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf.

Quentin